Job Number: BHR0314
Cortech Engineering is hiring a Human Resources Manager to join its growing family. This is a new position to the company and will act as the principal recruiter for all new hires. The HR manager will also be responsible for developing our ongoing training programs, facilitating performance reviews, and managing our benefits among many other duties. Successful candidates must be highly organized and able to exercise sound business judgment as the job comes with a high amount of discretion. Interested candidates should send resumes along with any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Controller
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Compensation: Depends on Experience and Certification Level
Benefits: For a list of benefits, please visit here
Major Job Functions
• Identify staff vacancies and continuously recruit, interview, and shortlist applicants. Recruiting efforts should, at a minimum, include networking events, career fairs, job postings, and direct outreach.
• Overhaul, oversee, and/or administer performance review process systems across all departments.
• Plan and conduct new employee orientations.
• Administer compensation and benefits programs including 401(k) and medical/dental/vision insurance.
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
• Create or update employee job descriptions for management review and approval.
• Perform difficult staffing duties, including refereeing disputes and administering disciplinary actions such as warnings and terminations.
• Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
• Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, recommending changes or providing training as necessary.
• Analyze and make recommendations on compensation and benefits policies in order to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
• With department heads, develop job-specific tests and training manuals.
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
• Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
• Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
• Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Other duties as assigned
• Typing Speed: 45+ wpm
• Microsoft Excel: Intermediate (tables, basic formulae, cell referencing, CSV importing/exporting, etc.)
• Microsoft Word: Intermediate (formatting, mail merge, etc.)
• Microsoft Outlook: Intermediate
Traits and Attributes
• Strong oral and verbal communication skills
• High level of organizational ability
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound, independent judgment
• HR Certification and Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a business-related discipline
• Travel: Up to 20% travel between our Yorba Linda and Bakersfield locations may be necessary